19 January 2008

19 January 2008 Hulu Langat


Going up. The above data from Nokia Sports Tracker, the graph dosen't look smooth. *read update below

Finally figured out how to display Nokia Sports Tracker data in Garmin Training Center. More on that later.

Today I went to Hulu Langat again. Another solo ride but I was joined by Yin who I met during the Fraser Hill ride. He was not riding. He was mapping a training route around Semenyih area for pre Fraser Hill ride in March.

The ride was tougher that last week's because I didn't do any training this week. When I reach the climb my legs went noodles but I I was determined to make it. The climb is not tough as Genting Sempah, it's just your legs are not fresh when you hit the climb.

Today I stayed in the middle ring and keep off from the last & second last cog at at the back. Halfway couple of pros overtook me! They were firing on all cylinders! Their cadence seems to be a lot higher. Amazing.

Reached the Jelebu/Selangor border and Yin arrived a few minutes later. He decided to be my support car for the journey down to Bt 18 town. We had drinks at Bt 18 town as I forgot to have my snack before cycling down the hill.


There's a loop on Google Earth above because I took a wrong turn and have to detour. Looks like from the image I should have went ahead and take the bridge to join my normal route.

Bike meter says;

Max speed:49KM/H, Distance:58.2KM, Riding time:2H 20Min, Average speed:24.9 KM/H




Going down. Data from Garmin XT

*Update; since Nokia Sports Tracker logs at 1 sec interval it will have more data compared to Garmin XT (4 sec) which makes the graph look bunched up. I have to filter the points by 4 sec or more in Mapsource to make the graph look smooth in Training Center.

No comments: